Open appointment process
Submit an application
Interested applicants are required to complete the Committee Appointment Expression of Interest Form and submit it along with:
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter highlighting how their experience, education and training qualifies them to sit as a committee member
- the names, position and contact information of two references who can discuss the applicant’s skills and qualifications as they relate to the responsibilities of committee members
Email the completed form and all of the above requirements in PDF format to the Nominations Committee at email@example.com.
Following a review of all submissions for open vacancies:
- Applicants who are found to be suitable for appointment for an open vacancy will be invited to participate in an interview process.
- Applicants who are found to be suitable but are not appointed for an open vacancy may be considered for future vacancies.
- Applicants who are not successful will be notified in writing at the conclusion of the process.
Applicants will be assessed based on their professional background, education and training, and in alignment with the College’s Committee Composition Matrices. The selection process recognizes lived experience and volunteer roles as well as paid employment and academic achievement.
In general, applicants must demonstrate:
- a high level of professional expertise in one or more of the following disciplines: health care, law, education, governance, ethics, research, stakeholder engagement, public advocacy, risk and compliance
- the capacity to actively participate as a committee member to regulate the practice of medicine to protect the public including evidence of integrity, independence, impartiality, good judgment and social awareness
- superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Appointment to a College committee is finalized once a criminal record check has been successfully completed and returned.
All committee members are required to attend training and orientation as part of their work.