DAP ISO 15189 accreditation
The DAP is seeking to become a signatory to the Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) and its regional Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) for the accreditation standards ISO 15189.
The DAP’s signatory status:
- facilitates acceptance of testing results that permit DAP ISO 15189 accreditation to be recognized by ILAC signatory bodies, and
- permits the DAP to recognize the accreditation status of the ILAC signatory bodies.
To obtain signatory status to the APAC MRA, the DAP has aligned its accreditation cycle to comply with
- the international standard ISO/IEC 17011:2017 General Requirements for Accreditation Bodies Accrediting Conformity Assessment Bodies, and
- ILAC guidelines for assessment bodies.
Mandated participation for certain facilities
The DAP Committee has mandated participation in the DAP ISO 15189 accreditation cycle for facilities that
- provide a high volume of testing for patients in BC, or
- whose scope of accreditation consists of high-complexity diagnostic services.
Request for DAP ISO 15189 accreditation
Facilities that are not required to participate in the DAP ISO 15189 accreditation cycle are welcome to volunteer for DAP ISO 15189 accreditation through a request approved by the facility medical director.
Who can use the accreditation symbol?
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC Diagnostic Accreditation Program ISO 15189 seal is a legally protected asset of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC.
Only DAP accredited medical laboratories that submit to mid-cycle assessments as a condition of the DAP ISO 15189 accreditation cycle are entitled to use the accreditation symbol. The symbol is to be used in accordance with the requirements provided to accredited facilities upon receipt of accreditation.