Private facilities seeking COVID-19 accreditation
As directed by Dr. Bonnie Henry: Any site, laboratory, or company that charges clients for symptomatic or asymptomatic point-of-care (POC) testing for COVID-19 is required to receive full independent accreditation through the Diagnostic Accreditation Program (DAP).
Do I require DAP accreditation?
Yes, as per direction from Dr. Bonnie Henry, all private facilities looking to offer COVID-19 rapid antigen testing require DAP accreditation.
Yes, all facilities looking to perform PCR COVID-19 testing require DAP accreditation.
Yes, all facilities looking to perform COVID-19 serology testing require DAP accreditation.
Yes, accreditation is required.
However, if you are a physician or nurse practitioner collecting samples, accreditation is not required.
No, you do not require DAP accreditation.
You may collect samples and send them to a DAP accredited lab for testing. However, you may not conduct testing in your office (e.g. rapid antigen testing).
How does the DAP accreditation work?
- How do I apply for DAP accreditation?
- What pre-assessment work is required?
- When will assessment be scheduled?
- How long does it take?
- Is there a fee for DAP accreditation?
- How do I prepare for the assessment?
- What documentation does the DAP provide?
- What are the requirements of a facility?
- When will my facility become eligible for provisional accreditation?
- How is an accreditation decision reached?
- When can patient testing begin?