Cites & Bytes has traditionally highlighted updates in the literature from family practice and internal medicine as well as content from other specialties of general interest, e.g. psychiatry, obstetrics and gynecology, dermatology, and emergency medicine. A new “featured specialties” section now features clinical developments from two selected specialties each month. The intention is two-fold: to inform specialists of updates in their field; and to highlight issues of significance in various specialties relevant to all practitioners. This feature came out of feedback received from a 2015 library survey of key knowledge leaders for improving library services and resources.
To date, featured specialties have been:
- March - Ophthalmology and Urology/Nephrology
- April - Oncology and Pediatrics
- May - Cardiology / Cardiovascular Surgery and Emergency Medicine
- June - General Surgery and Obstetrics/Gynecology
- July - Critical Care / Hospital Medicine and Plastic Surgery
- August - Pathology and Radiology/Nuclear Medicine
- September - Gastroenterology and Geriatrics
The library will continue to highlight content from specialties until March 2017, at which time an evaluation will determine its utility to library users. Feedback about the feature is welcome. Suggestions for improving Cites & Bytes or any other library service can be sent to the library at firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-733-6671.