The program, in consultation with the Physician Practice Enhancement Panel and external stakeholders, has developed new assessment standards to address key areas that impact a clinical office. The principles in these standards apply to physicians’ private offices, as well as walk-in, urgent care, and multi-physician clinics.
The goal of each assessment standard is to:
- document best practices, requirements and recommendations expected by the College based on required and recommended best practices based on provincial, national and international standards
- make information more accessible
- promote consistency across community-based practices
- clarify ambiguity around best practices and make it easier to understand the criteria used by assessors during the course of an assessment
This initial rollout includes the following standards with several more in development for 2017:
- Vaccine and Medication
- Emergency Preparedness
- Hand Hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Infection Prevention and Control Fundamentals
To access the assessment standards, click here.