The following questions and answers have been added to the FAQs on MDR section on the College website:
- With the launch of POMDRA, has the College rolled out new practice standards?
- Will the College shut down a physician’s practice if it identifies deficiencies in reprocessing?
- Can a physician fail the assessment, and if so, how does that impact his/her practice and office procedures?
- What if a physician doesn’t have a dedicated physical space for reprocessing reusable medical devices?
- Why are MIFUs important?
- What’s the concern about packaging reusable medical devices that are reprocessed by steam sterilization and what is “point of use”?