Annual licence renewal begins January 1, 2018. Here’s what you need to know.
Before you start
Use the right technology and systems
- The licence renewal process is best experienced using a PC or a Mac. Mobile devices or smart phones, including tablets and iPads, are not supported.
- It is best practice to have the most recent version of a web browser installed on your computer.
- Optimum browsers include Internet Explorer 9, Safari 5, Mozilla Firefox 14, Google Chrome 46 or better.
- Optimum operating systems include Windows 8 or OSX 9 or better.
- Lower versions, other operating systems or browsers may cause viewing problems.
Gather your documents
- Your BC driver’s licence
- Your method of payment (credit or debit card)
- Your CPD cycle date
- Your health authority letter of reappointment (for verifying hospital privileges)
Important dates to note
January 1, 2018: start of annual licence renewal
February 1, 2018: deadline to complete the Annual Licence Renewal Form and payment of fees
March 1, 2018: penalties applied for late licence renewal and late payment of fees
April 1, 2018: suspension for non-renewal of licensure or non-payment of fees
Log in before January to update your contact information
Log in to the College website to update your primary business address and email before January—this will save you some time during the renewal process.
- Log in
You will need your CPSID and password to log in and complete the renewal questionnaire.
Did you forget your password? Follow these instructions to reset your password.
- Update your contact information
A maximum of one home address and up to two business addresses can be stored.
Set a primary address
Identify one business address as a primary address for contact and publishing on the College physician directory.
IMPORTANT—Physicians are required by statute to provide their current contact information to the College, including their professional mailing address(es), and telephone/fax number(s). If you have only provided one address and that address is your home address, it will be published on the physician directory. Please ensure you have made the necessary updates by adding a business address as your primary address—this could be a PO box address.
For completion of the annual licence renewal process, you must also provide an email address. Add the College to the safe senders list to ensure that important notifications do not end up in the spam or junk email folder.
Your email address is not shared with third-party agencies and is not visible in the online physician directory. For more information, please refer to the College’s corporate policy regarding Distribution of Information/Material On Behalf of Third Parties via Broadcast Email or Other Communication Channel.
Annual Licence Renewal Form
The entire process should not take more than 20 minutes.
Most questions remain the same on the 2018 Annual Licence Renewal Form, with the addition of three new questions regarding the following topics:
- Billing MSP for procedures performed in a community-based practice or private clinic setting
- Use of endocavity ultrasound probes in a community-based practice or private clinic setting
- Use of flexible endoscopes in a community-based practice or private clinic setting
At the end of the questions and prior to submitting the online form, you will be asked to certify that the information provided is truthful, accurate and complete. The College expects you to complete your own Annual Licence Renewal Form. It is not acceptable for registrants to ask a medical office assistant, spouse or partner to complete the form on their behalf.
Methods of payment
Your 2018 renewal fee of $1,685 can be paid in one of two ways online:
- By credit card
- By Interac® Online
- Use your BMO, RBC, Scotiabank, or TD Canada Trust debit card.
Note: Online banking is no longer available as a payment option.
Confirmation email and receipts
Once your form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from the College.
Receipts are ready within two (2) to five (5) business days after completion of the entire licence renewal process. To access the receipts, log in, click the Financial tab under My Account.
More details on annual licence renewal can be found here.