- have a medical degree from a medical school listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools which includes the Canada sponsor note
- be enrolled in postgraduate training in the faculty of medicine, UBC
- be able to provide a request for registration to the registrar from the associate dean of postgraduate medical education, faculty of medicine, UBC
- be legally entitled to live and work in Canada
- meet the College’s English language proficiency requirements
Please visit UBC Postgraduate Medical Education for information on applying for residency training at UBC.
Clinical Associate Authorization
Postgraduate residents who meet certain criteria are authorized to provide services, under supervision, for patients receiving a service within a health authority in a clinical academic centre affiliated with the faculty of medicine, UBC and to use the title “resident–clinical associate” during this time.
- be enrolled in a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) specialty postgraduate training program at the University of British Columbia
- successfully completed a minimum of 24 months postgraduate training
- obtained the Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC) certificate
- carries the required professional liability coverage or protection
- has health authority authorization
- has UBC program director authorization