Library services and resources are eligible for continuing professional development credits through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program or the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) MAINPRO program.
College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
Physicians can earn CME credit for conducting research using AccessMedicine to answer a clinical question for patient care. Registrants can earn 0.5 American Medical Association (AMA) PRA Category 1 credits for each search they conduct.
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 credits.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) has a reciprocal agreement with the AMA. Members are eligible for MOC credits for AMA PRA Category 1 credits. This agreement is in place until December 31, 2020. For more information, click here.
Registrants can request articles online at any time. Articles sent to registrants including those ordered from Cites & Bytes are eligible for credits from the RCPSC’s MOC Program: Section 2 - journal reading.
Important: No new content as of January 1, 2019.
- Audio-Digest podcasts are eligible for credits through the Royal College’s MOC Program - podcasts, audiotapes and videotapes.
- Lectures may be claimed for credits in the CFPC in the MAINPRO program.
Bibliographies on a specific clinical question can be requested by filling out the Literature Search Requests form on the College website.
- CFPC members - bibliographies regarding clinical queries are eligible for step 2 of a Pearls exercise.
- RCPSC members - bibliographies supporting a personal learning project may be uploaded to MAINPORT.
BMJ Best Practice
CFPC members are eligible to receive up to 20 Mainpro+ Self Learning credits for using BMJ Best Practice. The CFPC has a reciprocal CME agreement with the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Registrants can claim CME credits with BMJ Best Practice in two ways:
- Log into your CFPC profile, select AAFP credits and indicate use of BMJ Best Practice as the resource.
- Enter BMJ Best Practice as “other certification activity” within Mainpro+.
Earn CME credits for self-directed, structured online learning through ClinicalKey. Registrants can earn 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit for each search they conduct. CFPC accepts AMA PRA Category 1 credits.
- CFPC accepts AMA PRA Category 1 credits.
- RCPSC has a reciprocal agreement with the AMA. Members are eligible for MOC credits for AMA PRA Category 1 credits. This agreement is in place until December 31, 2020. For more information, click here.
- From the RCPSC, use of ClinicalKey can be claimed as part of a Personal Learning Project (PLP) at 2 credits per hour.
DynaMed Plus - Earn 0.5 Mainpro+ certified Self-Learning credits from CFPC and MOC (Section 2) program credits from RCPSC for each topic reviewed (online version only).
- FAST EVIDENCE is a half‐day, interactive course that teaches physicians how to conduct effective internet searches in order to find credible and evidence‐based medical information from a variety of databases and other credible online sources. Designed for a small group of up to 12 learners, the course is facilitated by two CPSBC Librarians who provide learners with hands‐on learning support in a computer lab setting. Register at UBC CPD.
This course is eligible for:
- 16.5 Mainpro+ (3cr/hr).
- 5.5 MOC Program - Section 3.
College of Family Physicians of Canada
The CFPC provides a variety of programs and services to family physicians in meeting their continuing professional development goals through numerous programs. Information can be found on their Continuing Professional Development page.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-387-6197 (extension 560).
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) is available on the Royal College website. Please contact the Royal College if you have any questions regarding about the MOC Program.
Contact information: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST) at 1-800-461-9598 or email@example.com.
UBC Faculty of Medicine
The University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine Continuing Professional Development portal provides a list of courses, programs and resources accredited for either Royal College MOC credits or CFPC MAINPRO® credits.