Important: Library staff are working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic but all library services and resources are operational. Contact the library for assistance by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the web rather than telephone, please. The library is closed to walk-in visitors.
The following is a selection of materials of interest to international medical graduates studying for the qualifying or certification examinations of either the Medical Council of Canada, the College of Family Physicians of Canada or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
If you have problems accessing any of the e-resources, please contact the library at email@example.com.
CanadaQBank is a databank of questions and cases intended to assist registrants in their preparations for Medical Council of Canada examinations.
For mobile access OR if you are not one of the listed registrant categories, click here to contact the library.
- AccessMedicine – self assessment: Clinical library and Lange educational library.
Note: A one-time registration in AccessMedicine is required to access this resource.
Exam resource list
- Exam preparation resources: Materials held by the College library.
Multimedia physical examination and anatomy videos
- AccessMedicine Multimedia
- Anatomy.TV: Interactive modules on anatomy and physiology in 3D.
Note: Use Internet Explorer for full Anatomy.TV experience.
- Bates' visual guide to physical examination: DVD series: Click here to contact the library to borrow individual titles.
- DeGowin's diagnostic examination
- ClinicalKey: Select Procedures Consult from the drop-down menu and enter your query.
- Crush step 3 CCS: the ultimate USMLE 3 CCS review
- IM essentials
- Macleod's clinical OSCEs
- OSCEs for medical finals
- Self-assessment color review: adult emergency medicine
- Self-assessment colour review: dermatology
- Swanson's family medicine review
- Tarascon clinical review series: internal medicine
- USMLE images for the boards
- USMLE step 1 secrets
- USMLE step 2 secrets
Licensing and certification
College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
College of Family Physicians of Canada
Medical Council of Canada (MCC): MCCQE certification
Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- BC Physician Integration Program (BC-PIP): Managed by the UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development.
- International Medical Graduates of British Columbia: British Columbia Ministry of Health and the UBC Faculty of Medicine.
- University of Manitoba. Faculties of Medicine & Dentistry: Exam preparation.
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario: International medical graduates.
- International Medical Graduate (IMG) Support Program: University of Saskatchewan.
- AFMC Primer on Population Health
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Education & Events
- Good practices guide. Safe care – reducing medical-legal risk
- Medical-legal handbook for physicians in Canada – 8th ed. 2016
- Disclosing harm from healthcare delivery: Open and honest communication with patients (May 2015)
- Learning from adverse events: Fostering a just culture of safety in Canadian hospitals and healthcare institutions (Aug 2009)
- Collaborative care: A medical liability perspective (Aug 2006)
- Consent: A guide for Canadian physicians (June 2016)
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Statistics Canada
Communication and Ethics
Note: Any third party links are provided for general reference only and no endorsement of their content by the College is implied.