- Our collection includes over 7,000 titles including ebooks of such titles as Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. In addition to our own books, we access UBC's collection and, for an additional charge (a minimum of $7.00 + GST each), books from other libraries. Return postage for mailed books is included. Consult our book loan policy for information on loan periods.
- Ask a librarian to produce a bibliography on a particular subject. From this list, you may choose the articles you require. These searches may be computer searches using MEDLINE and other databases or manual searches. Literature Search Requests form.
- Directories, encyclopedias and other texts will be searched for information such as addresses, continuing medical education opportunities, conferences, statistics and other data. Library General Requests form.
- Request monthly updates on particular subjects, journal tables of contents as we receive them, or be put on the mailing list to receive our monthly newsletter,Cites & Bytes, by mail, fax or e-mail. Library General Requests form.
Journal article photocopies
- Up to 200 free articles journal articles per calendar year from both our collection or UBC libraries. In excess of 200 articles, there is a charge of $3.00 + GST per article. Delivery is free via email, post, fax, or MediTran courier (where available). Interlibrary loans are available for a minimum charge of $7.00 + GST per article. Article Requests form.
DVDs and CD-ROMs
- May be borrowed for 3 weeks at a time (return postage is not included). Library General Requests form.
- Free audio and video online clinical lectures are available.
- Contact the library (email@example.com) for login information to Audio-Digest or click on the Audiovisual page.
Computer consulting and training
- Personalized, individual sessions are available on request. Training may be in person at the library, or through workshops presented in partnership with UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development. Contact the library for further information. Library General Requests form.
- Loansome Doc is a feature of NLM's free MEDLINE interface, PubMed, enabling users to request documents directly from the College Library
To register for Loansome Doc:
- In PubMed, choose the articles that you would like to order by clicking in the box to the left of each citation.
- In the "Send To" box, select "Order".
- Choose "Sign-up!".
- On the first screen "Registering for a Loansome Doc Account" under "Select your Library" click on the "skip this step" link.
- On the "Enter Library Identifier" screen, type BCCBCP in the LIBID box and click "Continue".
- Fill in all required fields on the following screens, verify your information, and click "Complete Registration".
- On the "Place Order" screen, a summary of your requested articles will appear. Click "Proceed to Delivery Options".
- On the "Delivery Options" screen, make any changes if required, agree to the "Copyright Compliance" and click "Continue"
- The "Confirm Order" screen is a final summary of your requests. Click "Send Order".
- The "Order Sent" screen confirms that your order has been sent. This screen has a printer friendly option if you would like to print or save your request for your records.
- The College Library will fill your request as soon as possible - usually within 24 hours for our in-house titles, or within a week for items that need to be obtained from UBC libraries.