Jump to navigation
New BC GuidelinesThe BC Centre on Substance Use and the Ministry of Health have produced new guidelines for opioid use disorder.They are listed first in the Practice Guidelines section. The new guidelines are effective on June 5.
1. Depersonalisation and derealisation: assessment and management.
2. Drug-induced diarrhea.
3. Bringing clarity to the treatment of common spinal disorders.
4. Lower urinary tract symptoms in an older man.
5. End-of-life care: managing common symptoms.
6. Atrial fibrillation.
8. Psychiatric emergencies: assessing and managing suicidal ideation.
9. Preventing urinary tract infections after menopause without antibiotics.
10. Long-term studies of treatments for type 2 diabetes.
11. Acute coronary syndrome: current treatment.
12. Difficult and rare forms of acne.
13. Efficacy of self-guided internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy in the treatment of depressive symptoms: a meta-analysis of individual participant data.
14. Maternal immunization.
15. Evolving concepts in the treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis (15.1) and Progressive multiple sclerosis: from pathogenic mechanisms to treatment (15.2).
16. Tachyarrhythmias and bradyarrhythmias: differential diagnosis and initial management in the primary care office.
17. Pancreas transplantation.
18. Obsessive-compulsive disorder: advances in diagnosis and treatment.
19. Probiotics for preventing and treating small intestinal bacterial overgrowth: a meta-analysis and systematic review of current evidence.
20. Interviewing adolescents about sexual matters.
21. Cardiac rehabilitation for women: a systematic review of barriers and solutions.
22. Improving the evaluation and diagnosis of clinical significant prostate cancer in 2017
23. Obesity, vascular disease, and lumbar disk degeneration: associations of comorbidities in low back pain.
24. Syncope: evaluation and differential diagnosis.
25. Pharmacological treatment of children with gastro-oesophageal reflux.
26. Provoked vestibulodynia: diagnosis, self-reported pain, and presentation during gynaecological examinations.
27. Marine envenomation.
28. Permanent leadless cardiac pacemaker therapy: a comprehensive review.
29. Long-acting reversible contraception in adolescents: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
30. Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of Cushing’s syndrome.
31. Perioperative pregabalin administration does not prevent chronic postoperative pain: systematic review with a meta-analysis of randomized trials.
32. Rash decisions: an approach to dangerous rashes based on morphology.
33. What surgeons need to know about gender confirmation surgery when providing care for transgender individuals: a review.
34. Bullous pemphigoid.
35. New persistent opioid use after minor and major surgical procedures in US adults.
36. Intensive speech and language therapy in patients with chronic aphasia after stroke: a randomised, open-label, blinded-endpoint, controlled trial in a health-care setting.
37. Faster clean catch urine collection (Quick-Wee method) from infants: randomised controlled trial.
38. Effects of Tai Chi on cognition and fall risk in older adults with mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trial.
39. Rivaroxaban or aspirin for extended treatment of venous thromboembolism.
40. Fecal incontinence treated by sacral neuromodulation: long-term follow-up of 325 patients.
41. A guideline for the clinical management of opioid use disorder.
42. Noninvasive treatments for acute, subacute, and chronic low back pain: a clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians.
43. A consensus statement on the use of ketamine in the treatment of mood disorders.
44. Treatment guidelines for rheumatologic manifestations of Sjögren’s syndrome: use of biologic agents, management of fatigue, and inflammatory musculoskeletal pain.
To access the lectures, go to the library's Audiovisual webpage. In the Lectures section, click on "Please click here for access details". You will be asked to login. Once you have logged in, you will see instructions on how to login to Audio-Digest and download the mp3 files.
Neurovascular emergencies /Cognitive decline with aging
Evidence-based trauma management
Respiratory infections: an overview of outpatient antibiotic therapy
Eating disorders / Health concerns in gender-nonconforming individuals
Deep soft tissue infections / Sepsis
Lupus nephritis / Rheumatoid arthritis
Update on emergency psychiatry
Treating opioid addiction: what psychiatrists should know
45. City on fire [Fort Mac].
46. Brain trust (46.1) and Socioeconomic status and the 25X25 risk factors as determinants of premature mortality: a multicohort study and meta-analysis of 1.7 million men and women (46.2).
The ASAM essentials of addiction medicine
Cultural competency skills for health professionals: a workbook for caring across cultures
Non-operative treatment of the lumbar spine
Williams’ essentials of nutrition and diet therapy