Updated College Bylaws: physician assistants
Recently, College Bylaws were approved to introduce a framework for licensing and regulating physician assistants (PA) to respond to the urgent need to resource emergency departments in the province.
The College Bylaws have been updated, effective October 25, 2023:
- Part 2, Section C – Physician Assistants (new)
- Part 10 – Delegation (new)
- Schedule A (updated)
The updated sections of the Bylaws:
- Set out general regulatory requirements for physician assistants including registration, application and renewal of licensure, currency of practice and continuing competency.
- Define how supervising physicians will assign, delegate, and authorize under supervision aspects of practice for physician assistants.
- Establish application and licensing fees for physician assistants.