New and updated DAP position statements available
The Diagnostic Accreditation Program (DAP) provides accreditation in a formal and independent manner based on established standards to ensure quality and safety of the facility and/or service is maintained.
The standards are evidence-based, outcome-focused mandatory requirements and best practices that are aligned to the principles of quality. Due to complex or evolving practices, DAP standards sometimes require additional clarification on a particular issue.
This is communicated through position statements.
Position statements provide background information and express or clarify the College’s intent on a particular matter. They serve as guidance in areas where
- events are evolving or changing rapidly,
- the implementation of processes and procedures may be premature, or
- it is timely to communicate the College’s broad intent before or as policies and procedures are developed.
The following new position statements are now available on the College website:
- Fetal Anatomy Ultrasound Assessments
- Physicians Performing X-ray Examinations
- The Use of Mobile X-ray Units as a Stationary Unit
- Procedure for Physicians Seeking Community-based DAP Accreditation and MSP Billing for EMG
Credentialing Requirements for Pulmonary Function Testing has been updated.