Jump to navigation
This month we are featuring several books from the EBSCO ebook collection. These ebooks provide two options: PDF Full Text and Download. Only one download is allowed at a time, but you can still access the book by clicking on PDF Full Text. You can also jump to a specific chapter by scrolling down the page to the table of contents – this table is also on the left-hand side after clicking on PDF Full Text.
1. Opioid agonist treatment for patients with dependence on prescription opioids
2. Statins: increased risk of type 2 diabetes
3. Paediatric hearing loss
4. Interventions for female pattern hair loss
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome: diagnosis and management
6. Treatment of benzodiazepine dependence (6.1) and Benzodiazepines: dementia in the elderly (6.2)
7. Pathophysiology and therapeutic options for fecal incontinence
8. Carbon monoxide poisoning: pathogenesis, management, and future directions of therapy
9. New concepts in the management of restless legs syndrome
10. Vulvovaginal issues in mature women
11. The ‘red face’: not always rosacea
12. Evaluation of jaundice in adults
13. Acute lower gastrointestinal bleeding
14. Prioritizing systemic corticosteroid treatments to mitigate relapse in adults with acute asthma: a systematic review and network meta-analysis
15. Breaking from bisphosphonates
16. Uterine fibroids: diagnosis and treatment
17. The effectiveness of platelet-rich plasma in the treatment of tendinopathy: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials
18. Contemporary management of pericardial effusion: practical aspects for clinical practice
19. Topical treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain: applying the evidence
20. New biologics in psoriasis: an update on IL-23 and IL-17 inhibitors
21. Autism spectrum disorder: primary care principles (21.1) and Autism spectrum disorders: challenges and opportunities for transition to adulthood (21.2)
22. Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
23. Screening for Chlamydia trachomatis infections in wome
24. Guillain-Barré syndrome.
25. Cardiovascular disease in cancer survivors
26. Complex instability of the elbow.
27. Chronic kidney disease
28. Role of clinical decision tools in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism (28.1) and Management of the incidental pulmonary embolism (28.2)
29. Breast cancer (29.1) and Clinical use of biomarkers in breast cancer: updated guidelines from the European Group on Tumor Markers (EGTM) (29.2)
30. Therapeutic issues with transgender elders
31. Opioid dependence and pregnancy: minimizing stress on the fetal brain
32. Something for pain: responsible opioid use in emergency medicine
33. The treatment of dysmenorrhea
34. Meta-analysis of therapeutic hypothermia for traumatic brain injury in adults and pediatric patients
35. Treatment of oncological emergencies
36. Thirty-minute office blood pressure monitoring in primary care
37. Effect of disorder-specific vs nonspecific psychotherapy for chronic depression: a randomized clinical trial
38. Antipsychotic drug use associated with urinary tract infections in older women
39. Non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants in patients with atrial fibrillation and valvular heart disease
40. Oral and topical antibiotics for clinically infected eczema in children: a pragmatic randomized controlled trial in ambulatory care
41. Identifying substance misuse in primary care: TAPS Tool compared to the WHO ASSIST
42. A new approach for identifying patients with undiagnosed chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
43. Recommended immunization schedule for adults aged 19 years or older, United States, 2017
44. 2016 AHA/ACC guideline on the management of patients with lower extremity peripheral artery disease
45. EPA guidance on emental health interventions in the treatment of posttraumatic stress (PTSD)
46. Experts consensus recommendations for the management of calcium channel blocker poisoning in adults
47. Clinical policy: critical issues in the diagnosis and management of the adult psychiatric patient in the emergency department
To access the lectures, go to the library's Audiovisual webpage. In the Lectures section, click on "Please click here for access details". You will be asked to login. Once you have logged in, you will see instructions on how to login to Audio-Digest and download the mp3 files.
Sports medicine: the preparticipation physical evaluation
Update in geriatric medicine
Updates on diabetes and obesity
Dementia: a case-based overview
Common thyroid disorders
Schizophrenia in adolescents / physician suicide
To access eBooks, login will be required. Please note eBooks are not available to borrow.
Auerbach’s Wilderness Medicine, 7th ed.
A Concise Guide to Personality Disorders
Diseases of the Sinuses, 2nd ed.
The Treatment of Epilepsy, 4th ed.
48. What Van Halen can teach us about the care of older patients
49. Taking missing data into account in everyday practice
50. Cancer killers (50.1) and Transformers [reprogramming microbe DNA] (50.2)