The College has updated the Expectations of Supervisors for Registrants in the Provisional Class document to ensure greater support is provided to provisional registrants in meeting their mandated registration and licensure requirements. Key changes include the following:
- The supervisor must provide quarterly feedback (written or verbal) to the provisional registrant on performance and allow an opportunity for a response.
- In collaboration with the sponsor, the supervisor is expected to assist the provisional registrant in meeting continuing registration and licensure requirements.
- The supervisor and sponsor will be provided a copy of the registration and licensure requirements of the provisional registrant.
- The supervisor must inform the sponsor and the College when they cease to supervise a provisional registrant, prior to the conclusion of the supervision.
- The College reserves the right to share the supervisor report with the provisional registrant and the sponsor.
- The inclusion of supervisor eligibility guidelines – note these guidelines have not changed, but have been included in the Expectations of Supervisors for Registrants in the Provisional Class document for clarity.
These changes will be in effect for new registrants to the provisional class only; they will not be applied retrospectively.
Sections 2-14 to 2-17 of the College Bylaws detail the registration and licensure requirements for provisional registration.