Medical Record Keeping for Physicians
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Pacific time)
$451.50 ($430 course fee + $21.50 GST) for registrants
$556.50 ($530 course fee + $26.50 GST) for non-registrants
This course is primarily directed at family practitioners and other physicians providing primary care.
The interactive four-hour virtual workshop is facilitated by two physicians. Case-based examples and simulated patient encounters will be used to demonstrate the practice of effective clinical record keeping.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will:
- recognize the regulatory requirements of the medical record (CMPA, Medical Services Commission and College)
- have discussed the different types of physician-patient encounters and document appropriately
- have identified and incorporated innovative changes to their medical record keeping
- have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of what a good medical record entails
- Computer with video and audio capabilities to participate
- PPEP staff will be in contact to schedule a Microsoft Teams trial run before the webinar date to determine computer compatibility