Podiatric surgeon student elective
An applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be enrolled in a podiatric medical degree from one of the recognized podiatric medical education programs listed in Schedule D of the College Bylaws
- meet the College’s English language proficiency requirements
- have Canadian Citizenship, be a permanent resident or be legally able to live and work in BC
More information about the requirements for this class of registration can be found in section 20(2) of the College Bylaws.
How to apply
Students in podiatric surgery training programs wanting to apply for registration and licensure to complete an elective should email their inquiry to email@example.com to receive detailed instructions on how to apply.
Email the College for detailed instructions
Applicants have to complete an application form, pay fees and submit supplementary documentation as part of the application process.
Completed applications must be submitted to the College six weeks prior to the anticipated start date. Failure to meet this deadline may result in a delayed start to the elective.
Podiatric surgeon students cannot start their elective until their licence has been issued.
For supervising physicians and surgeons
Physicians and surgeons wishing to supervise a podiatric surgeon student must first be approved by the College before completing the following steps:
- confirm in writing to the College they will be responsible for the supervision of any clinical contact between the podiatric surgeon student and patients
- inform patients that the visiting podiatric surgeon student is participating in an educational experience under their supervision
- obtain verbal consent from patients to allow the visiting podiatric surgeon student to participate in the care situation
- provide direct supervision during the visiting podiatric surgeon student’s clinical experience
A letter from the hospital/health authority approving the visit is mandatory if a portion of the educational activity is to take place in a hospital.
Supervising physicians must not be a relative of the podiatric surgeon student. Contact the College at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Maintaining the licence
To extend a podiatric surgeon student licence, email details of your request to email@example.com.