Registrant support coaches
Registrant support coaching is a service for registrants who require guidance in applying the College standards and guidelines to their practice.
Two registrant support coaches are available on an appointment basis.
Helping guide and support registrants
The registrant support coaches act as “thinking partners” to guide and support registrants as they navigate a situation in medical practice, apply relevant standards and guidelines, identify resources, and arrive at their own solution and plan of action.
It is important to note that the registrant support coaches are not representatives of the College. They cannot give advice, nor can they approve or endorse a registrant’s proposed plan of action. Similarly, registrant support coaches cannot advise in employment or contract matters, they cannot assist in registration or complaint processes, and they cannot act in the event of a duty to report case.
In matters unrelated to College standards and guidelines, registrants should continue to contact the College directly to speak with the appropriate department.
Meet the coaches
Registrant support coach
Dr. Peter Bowen-Roberts’ medical career included 30 years of family practice in a rural setting and ten years as a hospitalist. He also has extensive experience in teaching physicians, medical students, residents, and nurses as an associate professor at UBC. Since attending Royal Roads University for professional coaching training in 2016, Dr. Bowen-Roberts has been coaching physicians, executives, and teams, with a focus on physician wellness and mentoring. He holds certification with the International Coaching Federation.
Registrant support coach
Dr. Willa Henry practised as a family physician in BC and Ontario from 1985 to 2017. She also worked as program director of the UBC family practice programs from 2011 to 2017. Since retiring from clinical practice, Dr. Henry studied professional coaching at Royal Roads University. She is credentialed by the International Coaching Federation at the PCC level and has completed advanced courses in global coaching and team coaching. As a coach, she primarily works with physicians, residents, and medical students.
Booking an appointment
Registrants can book a 30-minute phone appointment with a registrant support coach online via Jane.
- Go to the College’s online booking site: https://cpsbc.janeapp.com/.
- Select Registrant Support Coaching (Phone Appointment).
- View all upcoming available appointments and select a time.
- Create an account by providing your first name, last name, email, and phone number.
- You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
- You will also receive a separate email with a link to an online intake form. Please complete the intake form at least one day before your appointment.
- At the scheduled appointment time, the registrant support coach will call you using the phone number provided during booking.
Need help booking? Contact the College at 604-733-7758 or 1-800-461-3008.